- HELP: Homebuyer Education Learning Program; an educational program from the FHA that counsels people about the homebuying process; HELP covers topics like budgeting, finding a home, getting a loan, and home maintenance; in most cases, completion of the program may entitle the homebuyer to a reduced initial FHA mortgage insurance premium-from 2.25% to 1.75% of the home purchase price.
- Home inspection: an examination of the structure and mechanical systems to determine a home's safety; makes the potential homebuyer aware of any repairs that may be needed.
- Home warranty: offers protection for mechanical systems and attached appliances against unexpected repairs not covered by homeowner's insurance; ,overage extends over a specific time period and does not cover the home's structure.
- Homeowner's insurance: an insurance policy that combines protection against damage to a dwelling and Is contents with protection against claims of negligence )r inappropriate action that result in someone's injury or )property damage.
- Housing counseling agency: provides counseling and assistance to individuals on a variety of issues, including loan default, fair housing, and homebuying.
- HUD: the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development; established in 1965, HUD works to create a decent home and suitable living environment for all Americans; it does this by addressing housing needs, improving and developing American communities, and enforcing fair housing laws.
- HUD1 Statement: also known as the "settlement sheet," it itemizes all closing costs; must be given to the borrower at or before closing.
- HVAC: Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning; a home's heating and cooling system.
- Index: a measurement used by lenders to determine changes to the Interest rate charged on an adjustable rate mortgage.
- Inflation: the number of dollars in circulation exceeds the amount of goods and services available for purchase; inflation results in a decrease in the dollar's value.
- Interest: a fee charged for the use of money.
- Interest rate: the amount of interest charged on a monthly loan payment; usually expressed as a percentage.
- Insurance: protection against a specific loss over a period of time that is secured by the payment of a regularly scheduled premium.
- Judgment: a legal decision; when requiring debt repayment, a judgment may include a property lien that secures the creditor's claim by providing a collateral source.
Free Apartment Locating
With the high price of gas don’t drive all over town, let us do the work for you for FREE.
Contact a buyer’s agent now
Home ownership is part of the American dream. We have provided informational resources to guide you in your decision to purchase a home.
Contact a seller’s agent now
Here, we have provided you with the informational resources you need to sell your home today.